Styling the thin body may sound easy, but for a woman who is insecure about her weight it is a challenge. Being skinny can be somewhat uncomfortable and make a woman feel very exposed and paranoid so the goal is to adopt a style that is not only fashionable, but also gives a thinner woman a sense of security as well as maturity.
2. Wear heels or wedges whenever you have the chance. Accentuate your leanness with a nice pair of shoes. Wedges are a good option if you don’t like to wear heels because they offer more versatility and are a lot more comfortable, you definitely can go further in wedges. Although heels exude confidence. Try a pointed or open toe heel.
3. Stay away from extremely tight or fitted dresses or tops. If you are uncomfortable with your weight wearing body hugging attire will only exasperate this insecurity. Go for more flowy, flirty, loose fitting dresses, and skirts that can be cinched at the waist. This gives the allusion of curves and allows you to feel more free and less confined. Try maxi dresses, or skirts with slits made from light soft fabrics like chiffon and silk. Loose fitting jumpsuits, shorts, and rompers are also a great option. Contrary to what many may think, flowy is just as if not more sexy than tight, it screams beautiful.
4. Sport a bangin’ hand bag! A good sized bag can complete any outfit and give you that extra weight you need to feel balanced. It also gives you something to do with your hands and arms, sometimes being a little lanky leaves room for the awkward hand and arm shuffle dance. A nice eye popping bag can alleviate this problem.
2. Wear accessories that flatter your beauty as a whole. Go for dainty excessiveness. Wear long light layered necklaces, delicate body chains an anklets. These will match your body type and make you feel more confident about it and are so versatile and pretty.
3. Go braless. If you have a small chest like I do its okay to go braless for a while. Not only will it make you feel sexy it will make you feel more and more confident in your own skin. There are many dresses and tops out there specifically made for women who have small breasts, you just have to have the guts to wear them!
4. Lastly, take care of your body. Don’t get used to covering it up by layering bulks of clothes on it to make unrealistic proportions or even wearing black all the time (this makes you look smaller). Try horizontal stripes to give your body a widened appearance. Tone up those lean muscles, keep your skin moisturized, eat what makes you feel good, an embrace what you have.
Your body type doesn’t make you anymore or any less of a woman. The true essence and overall beauty comes from within and that is where you’ll find the confidence to accept who you are on the outside and truly be happy.
Love the Look? Check out these retailers to achieve a free flowing fabulous look that makes your confidence rise!